Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Coolest Guy You'll Ever See......

Go ahead and take a moment out of your busy schedule today. Close your eyes. And I want you to come up with an image of the coolest guy you've ever seen or met. I want you to really focus on the mental image of that person. What does he look like? Does he have a hair style that just screams "cool" or "popular"? Does he wear clothes that make him stand out in a crowd? Does he have a personality that just makes people flock to him? Is he a skateboarder? Guitar player? Snowboarder? Does he own a really cool car? Is he a ladies magnet? Now, how confident are you that the image you came up with depicts the coolest guy ever? Well, I don't know what image you came up with, but I can say with certainty that if you think you came up with the coolest guy ever, you are DEAD wrong! I'm pretty sure my image depicts the coolest guy on the planet. Now, you may be wondering what my mental image was. My image? A big, furry, bright pink monkey! Now this will obviously take some explaining to do.
So I was driving to Guitar Center the other day with some friends. And as I was driving, something caught my attention out of the corner of my eye. It was practically impossible not to see because it rivaled the brightness of the sun. There was a guy wearing a bright pink monkey costume! He happened to be one of those guys who stand on the street and hold signs up telling us about the latest sale at a certain store. He was holding a bright pink T-Mobile sign (I applaud that company for taking the time to make sure the sign matched the monkey!) And after I saw him, even to this day, he seems to come to my mind often. A lot of people may look at him and feel pity, almost as if he was forced to wear the costume by the T-Mobile people. But I like to think that he jumped at the opportunity to sign up for the job. Imagine being the only person who could truthfully introduce yourself as follows: "Hey, I've never met you, but you know exactly who I am. You've probably even envied me. I'm the Bright Pink T-Mobile Monkey!" Then he would instantly become the life of the party! To do what he does, a guy has to be perfectly secure in who he is. Which makes me seriously think that we would all be so lucky to have a friend like that! So, if you're ever driving by Guitar Center and you are lucky enough to see him standing there doing his thing, I encourage you to pull over and shake that man's hand. I don't care if you end up causing an accident! Greatness needs to be recognized! But anyways, let me just end this post by saying that if I ever end up becoming just a fraction of the man that pink monkey is, my future wife will be able to truthfully say that she is the luckiest woman on the planet. And gosh dang it, I may just have to agree with her..........

No comments:

Post a Comment